Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Grateful

I'm feeling grateful lately, and not just because I'm supposed to although, Thanksgiving is a nice reminder, but I'm generally feeling very grateful for all that God has blessed us with. I'm also feeling very hopeful for those who are in need of his blessings at this time.
I feel like most of the time I've been blessed far more than I deserve. These are the things I've been especially grateful for lately:
1. My faith; I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, I'm a better person because of it.
2. An incredibly loving husband who is a good man, who loves his family beyond measure.
3. My kids (if I expound, I won't make it through my list).
4. The opportunity to live in a foreign land, to travel, to experience, to live.
5. People who don't know me well but treat me as if we've known each other years.
6. Little reminders from family and friends far away that they still think of us and miss us.
7. Modern technology that I can hear from family and friends far away.
8. The peace and serenity of nature (Japan has a lot and some to spare).
9. Health and strength and a body that allows me to be active.
10. The World, in all it's chaos there is so much to appreciate, so much good in it.

No comments: