Monday, October 26, 2009

8 Months

Another month has gone by faster than I can keep up with. Avie is eight months today, and poor thing is having a heck of a time with her two top teeth. It doesn't help that she also has a little cold. Oh, the plights of the teething infant. Some cruise right along and don't miss a beat like Rayce, and then there was Danielle who I thought was dying while she was teething. Avie, is somewhere right in the middle. She's pretty miserable, but it could be a lot worse.

Here she is building a pillow fort with Rayce and Danielle. Can you believe an 8 month old is already building forts? Okay, she's not exactly there yet, but she wishes she was. What a goer.
The older Avie gets the feistier she gets, which I thought I wouldn't mind, but she's quite the demanding little thing. She definitely likes to be held...all day long. Still doesn't want a thing to do with the swing, bumbo most of the time, and now refuses to sit in her bouncer. What is a mom to do other than give up on laundry and all other household chores. Notice I haven't volunteered my house for playgroup at all. In spite of some very frustrating nights, I can't imagine our family without Avie Jo!

I thought I'd throw in some pictures of Danielle decorating her store bought cookie Halloween house. Note to self and all others, if you buy a cookie house from the store, don't expect it to be in tact by the time you get home. Danielle didn't seem to mind at all, and she did a fantastic job! For Christmas I may get a little ambitious and actually try a homemade gingerbread house.

1 comment:

Kip and Lindsay said...

I can't believe that she is 8 months old! That is so fun, so true about kids and teething, I always thought Gracie was going to die when she cut a new tooth. :0) You are such a cute mommy! Thanks for sharing!