Sunday, October 11, 2009

Soccer, Fall & Other Stuff

We were able to have some nice family time this weekend. I re-signed Rayce up for soccer because he loved it so much this last spring. Well, he wasn't loving it that much this time. We were late first of all, and he was tired, and grouchy, so he wasn't really feeling up for playing soccer. He warmed up a tiny bit, but we ended up leaving early, I guess we'll give it another try next Saturday.

After soccer we decided to go up to Flagstaff to hopefully see some beautiful fall colors that we have so been missing this time of year. I love taking road/day trips, mostly I think because the kids fall asleep and Dan and I get the chance to talk. The kids started out a little rocky, but did end up falling asleep, so it was an awesome drive, with good company.

We went to a place called the Flagstaff Nordic Center, about 15 miles north of Flagstaff. They do an event called Autumn in the Aspens with hay rides and games and stuff for the kids. The kids had a blast, Danielle was in heaven with all the games and crafts. Rayce loved kicking the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. I'm not sure if he was trying to kick them open, but luckily, I stopped him before he could do any real damage.

Yay for wearing jackets again!

A little potato sack racing.

"What? I wasn't doing anything?"

There wasn't the fall color I'm used to in Utah, but the pinion pines and aspens were still beautiful. We had a great time.

We made and decorated some Halloween cookies today, and I had to put away my OCD in regards to the kids making a mess and just let them go at it with the frosting. They turned out really cute.

No comments: