Tuesday, August 17, 2010

10 Crazy, Lovely Years

Usually anniversaries are not a huge deal to us. We'll go out to dinner and maybe a movie if we feel the kids will be nice. This year was different, we celebrated ten years of marriage. We both wanted to do something special and were also in need of some serious r and r. Dan has been in the clinic the past couple of months and being a stay at home mom, I can always use a little break. So in June I booked us a weekend getaway to San Fransisco, and San Fran did not disappoint! I can only speak for myself here, but it was one of the best times I've ever had! A whole weekend of talking, not counting calories, exploring the city, and hanging out with some great friends. My parents were able to come down and watch the kids, so Dan took Friday off from the clinic and we were there by one. The first day we were there we walked from our Hotel in Union Square to the piers and pretty much ate the whole time. Dan loved sampling a lot of food in China Town, I was a little leery not quite knowing what I was eating, but Dan is a pretty adventurous eater, so if there happened to be a line somewhere he figured it must be because the food was good.


Fisherman's Warf was okay, not nearly as great as I remember it being as a kid, so we moved on to Coit Tower. Five dollars to the top and the views were worth every penny.


View of Coit Tower


View of the top of Coit Tower


View from the top of Coit Tower


View of Transamerica Pyramid from China Town


The Tanner's, The Freedman's and The Nelson's. It was a Harvard Ave. reunion. We all lived on the same street in Salt Lake. So glad we could hang out! Thanks JT for driving us all over.

Some of my favorite pics of the Golden Gate Bridge:




My Best Friend and I.




Averly, Sarah, Me and Leanne.


Palace of Fine Arts and view of the Bay


Sunday, before our flight we caught the ferry over to Sausalito, it was incredible.


San Fran from the ferry.


Sausalito


More Sausalito


More Sausalito


More Sausalito

What a city, so glad we could go!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I am so jealous! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Miss Bear said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!!

Happy 10 years!! :)

Jessica P. said...

That looks like so much fun, I can't wait to go there one day! I love all the pics, what a gorgeous city! :)

Jenna said...

Ooh, I really want to do something fun for our 10th, what a great time!!

thesvancaras said...

Congrats on 10 great years you two! We should get together soon.

Valerie Hall said...

I love all the pictures! San Fran is a great city! I hope I can take mike there someday too!

Tristy said...

Congrats on 10 years that amazing, we just had our 3rd and it feels like forever ago that we met. I can only hope we are as happy as you guys are in 7 years.

Unknown said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys did something great for your 10th! You deserve it. Loved all the pictures, too! I would love to visit again...haven't been there since I was a kid.