Monday, October 19, 2015

Lake Towada in Fall

It has happened that many times Dan will have the day off and the kids wont, these days are the best because Dan and I can go off base and see the things we like to without complaining from the back seat. Sometimes, we will just drive around and talk, and eat of course.
We had a day like this last week, and it was wonderful! We took a drive up to the Oirase Gorge and around Lake Towada.
The gorge has at least seven waterfalls that I counted but there could be even more.
At the top of the gorge is Lake Towada, the third deepest lake in Japan. We haven't been up here since we first moved to Japan, it was time to visit again.
Lake Towada from above, beautiful!
Coming around the lake there is a place where all the tourist buses stop with shops and restaurants and a shrine!
Even the man-hole covers are decorative, I should start a photo collection of all the different man-hole covers.
Hard to believe I know, but there was a shrine as well.
I think I say this every time, but this was a really pretty one.
Ah, fall.

No comments: