Wednesday, January 20, 2010

29

So today was my 29th Birthday. Since I've become a mother, birthday's are not a huge priority. At least not my own birthday. It becomes all about your kids and less about you, which is fine with me. I do have to say it was a great day and my family really made a big deal about it, which made me feel pretty darn special.


Danielle made me breakfast in bed which consisted of two pieces of toast and oj. It was lovely. I came downstairs and Dan had already left for the day, but he left me a single rose, so sweet! What a wonderful family I have. Rayce even said Happy Birthday right before he asked when we would be having cake.

My friend Valerie treated me to a delicious lunch at Chili's, Yum. We also did the whole cake and ice cream thing tonight. I picked out a chocolate cake with Oreo frosting!

My gifts to myself, Gone With the Wind on DVD, and a new yoga mat.

Dan got me this amazing watch! I can't really tell time on it, but isn't fashion supposed to come before function?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great Birthday, Linsey! You deserve it! And I love Danielle's Breakfast in Bed for you! So cute! Cute watch, by the way. And we'll for sure have to have a girls night and watch Gone with the Wind sometime.

The PG Pixtons said...

Are you seriously only 29?(I don't mean that in a rude way--I was there when you were born, I mostly can't believe how old I am.) You have accomplished so much for such a youngster! You have a beautiful family, and such a great personality. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Brie Wheelwright said...

So glad you had a great birthday!

Jamie said...

What a fun birthday:) By the way, mad props to Dan for the awesome watch and did I mention I LOVE Gone with the Wind??? That's definitely a flick for when the boys are off studying too hard:) So glad you had a good one:)

Erin said...

Happy be-lated birthday Young-in' :)